Sunday, March 17, 2013

Leprechauns, Lela and Lazy Sundays

"May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night."

~Irish Blessing


Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Today is the one day a year that everyone, regardless of their heritage, is a little Irish.  (I don't suppose that would have anything to do with green beer, would it?)  It's a lazy Sunday morning here, my favorite almost three year old spent the night and has been busy this morning tracking down evidence of the leprechauns who visited last night while we slept. Lela has discovered green milk, green toilet water, upside down pictures and pillows strewn on the floor, it appears those leprechauns are a mischievous little lot! Seems like they are generous group as well- a wee pot of gold coins were waiting for her this morning too.


I'm not sure who enjoyed all this the most, her or me.  The older I get the more easily I am entertained...

It's been a typical busy week around here and before I totally forget, I want to mention the show I went to last weekend. Indie Arts and Vintage Marketplace was held inside last weekend, but will be an outdoors event once the weather warms up. I had a great time with my dear friend (and work partner in crime) Jenny.




I posted this picture last week.  It is a vintage olive bucket...or olive vessel, if you are buying it from Pottery Barn. I found it at the show- over $100 less than what Pottery Barn lists it for and I think it's slightly larger than the ones Pottery Barn carries.  You either love them or hate them.  I happen to love them, especially ones like this one that have a combo of the two metal colors.



I also picked up the old, rusty bird cage.  It is huge! and it looks great on the monstrous fireplace mantel in our living room.  I realize not everyone is drawn to the rusty, chippy look.  If you are more into the "looks a little newer" look I saw a great birdcage at Fabulous Finds yesterday.  White, ornate and only $30!  If you haven't seen Fabulous Finds, check it out.  Located at 10 South D St, it's a great little store full of estate sale items, primarily home decor.  The inventory changes all the time and I thought the prices were very reasonable.

Another hot trend we spotted at the show was plants.  Plants of all size and shape.  For once (and probably the only time)  I am ahead of the trend.  Thanks to having a botany major in the family, I am well supplied.  Air plants are very popular right now.  They don't require soil, and only need to get some water every couple weeks- my kind of plant.  They come in all sizes, mine is a baby one but she can grow.




Terrariums were also popular. These aren't the terrariums from the 70's, they are in great containers and have more appeal. Lucky for me, I have two that Eric did for me that would be out of m price range, if I had purchased them.





Another full of succulents.


This one is a Chinese money plant, it will definitely outgrow this little pot, but isn't it sweet?  The pot was an ordinary terracotta fancied up with a bit of that awesome chalk paint and a little french bee graphic.


Looks like I have have a bit of a "green" theme going on here, doesn't it?  Fitting, I suppose. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours!     Erin Go Bragh, C.

No comments:

Post a Comment