Friday, March 8, 2013

Finally Finished !!!



"I go out to the kitchen to feed the dog, but that's about as much cooking as I do."
~Betty White

 
This is exactly how I used to feel about my kitchen...until now.  Many of you know we moved into an older home with lots of charm and character, about 16 months ago.  While I loved the potential of the house, I did not love the kitchen and it's lovely wallpaper.


Here's the kitchen in pics I took when we were contemplating
buying the house. Thoses are not my dishes...this is how the house was
being shown while it was on the market. (no one was living in the house at the time.)




And of course the modern appliances were a big draw...




Who doesn't love a big pantry and a wall that divides an already small space into two smaller spaces?




As much as I wanted to remodel the kitchen, nothing could have
prepared me for what was waiting for us under that wallpaper!




                                   




The ruble and the dust that comes with taking down a wall..


and tearing up three layers of flooring.


Dreaming of a window seat, a BIG pantry and no Pergo...



...and how do we preserve those arches?

Four months of transition- eating out, microwaving and crockpotting
in the family room, and lots of grilling.


But it all paid off!



The crown molding is one of my favorite things about
the kitchen.
(Too much sunshine for these pics, but I had to take them when I had the time)

 

Love, love, love my gas range and double ovens.


Butler door into the dining room and stairs
to the second floor and living room. 


Floor to ceiling pantry.


Walking in from the side door.


Coffee/wine bar.


Old style pendants with filament bulbs.
And yes, we saved the arches.


Window seat, slate floor and entrance to the family room.


So much natural light now.


Window seat fabric..a steal at just $3.00 a yard.


Above the doorway- a tribute to the year our home was built.


I love my kitchen and don't mind cooking at all now. 
Remodeling this house has been a challenge, but sooo worth it!
And I now have a whole list of any craftsmen you could possibly need-
 let me know if you need some work done!

While I'm adding pictures (my apologies for the quality- I will
be the first to admit I am not a photographer) here are a few shots
of something fun I did in the dining room.



The six framed pieces are all vintage sheet music from
1910-1920.



I love the unexpected!


Thanks for the visit, let me know if you'd like to see more of my Highland Cottage.

Blessings,
C






No comments:

Post a Comment